Saturday, April 5, 2008

Skybus..........To Good To Be True!

I was planning on traveling to NC in June on Skybus. I guess I am going to drive! I got an email from the local news last night about the bankrupcy and I was pretty bummed. I was able to fly 4 people to NC for $130.00 round trip. This was MUCH cheaper than driving and paying for gas and a hotel room for a midway stop. This was to be my first flight on Skybus. I was feeling bad until I read Skybus' message on their website that said as of midnight last night flights would be stopped. I started to think about those people who flew somewhere yesterday and were planning on flying back home on skybus.......or the people who had early morning flights today. They probably went to bed early, missing the late night news, and got up and headed to the airport only to find out then that there was no more airline!! I was feeling much worse for those people who were now stranded or unable to fly to their destinations. Maybe it was to a wedding or for a long awaited visit with family. If I was one of those people on a trip and supposed to fly home sometime this week I don't know if I could find and pay for another flight!! I don't understand how Skybus could announce at 7:30 that they will stop flights at 12:00!! They should have to at least give a few days notice, give people the option of not getting on that flight and being stranded. After time spent thinking of those other people, my spot doesn't look so bad! I hope they find a way home!!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Oh man! That is really sad. But, I know a GREAT place you can stop along the way and you can stay for free!! :)

Tracey said...

You're on! I can't wait!