Monday, December 3, 2007
Getting Ready
We went to my husbands Army Christmas party this past weekend. We are getting ready for him to deploy. It has seemed like a thing in the distant future until this past weekend. I don't know if it was the realization that December was upon us or seeing all of the people in his unit together. I am suddenly counting down the days until he has to go instead of just talking about it. Today was his last day of work before he leaves. He has been saving up his time off so he could spend time at home with us. I'm glad to have him home but I think it will make it that much harder when he does leave to go back to doing everything myself. The kids seem to be doing okay but do we ever really know what goes on in the mind of a 6 or 8 year old? I'm looking for ideas to help the kids deal with things. I read somewhere to put Hershey hugs and kisses in a jar, one for each day they are gone. I think I'll need one of those for myself too!!! There are a lot of ideas out there but what works for a boy who doesn't seem to care about anything........... I know he does but he doesn't show it easily. Times like these really help you to see what is important to you in life. As the days go on I am trying to simplify my house , my things, my life. It is amazing how much STUFF we can acquire over time if we are not paying attention. I have found that there aren't a lot of things I really need in my life. My kids, my husband, my family, and my few great friends. (like the ones who will get up with you at 4:00 in the morning just for the fun of it!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
And oh, how much stinkin' FUN we had!!! I will never forget that day! :) I'm going to miss you so much.
I'm so thankful that our families crossed paths. And believe me, we'll be back! How about Spring Break? Or you and the kids could come out and stay with us too! Seriously, ANYTIME, even if it's a random last-minute weekend come on out! But for sure, when Eric gets back, you are most definitely going to have to come see us or something!
Let's be realistic. Hersheys kisses, one for each day he's gone. Great idea, but COME ON TRACEY. Aren't you a chocoholic like me?? I'd have those suckers gone in three days! Unless you went with white chocolate, I'm not as fond of white chocolate...those might last a good couple months...
Okay, now I'm rambling.
Post a Comment