Wednesday, February 6, 2008

You learned what on the bus??

It has finally happened, or do I say already happened? My 8 year old dropped the F bomb! Where did he learn it ? From another 2nd grader on the bus!! It's times like these that I long for the nieve little world I used to live in as a child. I didn't know 2nd graders talked about that sort of stuff!

I could tell it was going to be a long night as soon as he got off the bus. Frustrated by every little thing, and it seems that there were a lot of little things! When I noticed a window of sunshine in our dark and stormy last two days I decided we would all go outside for a walk. I thought a little bit of time outside might blow the bad mood off of him. The boys rode their bikes and I walked with the baby in the stroller. True to the mood my eldest had MANY problems on his bike. His pant leg got stuck in the peddle/chain, his shoe lace got wrapped around the peddle, his hands were cold and by about 5 minutes into the ride he already "hated that stupid bike!" about 10 times! Well we finished our trip with the bad mood intact(?spelling?) After dinner he and his brother had to wash up and get their PJs on without fighting so they could have dessert, an easy thing to do you would think.......but NO! There was a fight so it was bed time and time to brush their teeth. That's when it happened! Apparrently I have to put a _________ towel in the bathroom! I'm not sure what to do with him. Obviously that kind of language is NOT OK. But at the root of the tantrum.......He misses his Dad. I have to punish him for saying it but in truth.....I have days where I can't do anything right and I get mad too! ARGH!!!

2 comments:

Still Learning said...

My son is sharing what he learned on the playground too. I hate it! I pray your days get easier.

Ann said...

Oh, come on now Tracey, I hear you talk like that all the time.
Just Kidding!! I bet your face got really red when that all came down.

Okay I shouldn't laugh, because my time is coming too. It's only a matter of time before my babies hear it from school. And you've confirmed for me that my children will never ever ride the bus.

But truly, my heart goes out to him. He's got a lot going on with his dad away (you all do).
I'll keep praying that the time just flies by and before we know it, your sgt will be home! :)