Friday, May 30, 2008
5 steps backwards and one step forward....a venting story
That pretty much sums up my month. I have been fighting, no discussing, no negotiating, oh forget it I've been fighting with HP (Hewlatt-Packart)for about 2 months now. My husband bought a HP laptop to take overseas with him so we could communicate. We found an online program called Skype that lets you call computer to computer for free. We were so excited, the kids would get to see their dad on the computer and talk to him! For our 1 year old this would be priceless because she can't really talk on the phone. The older kids were so excited that they could show dad the things they were learning and it makes the conversation sooooo much more realistic when you can see the person your talking to. We set up each computer with webcams and we thought we were ready to go. Well, since the moment he took the laptop out of the box we have had issues with it. First HP said it was one thing, then another, then another. Well long story short I had sent it to them to be fixed twice with no luck. The third time I sent it to them they sent it back to me with a note that said they received it with a biohazard on it, gasoline had been spilled on the box, and they would not repair it. I immediately called them to find out what the problem was and the person I spoke with in another country said I would get a call back in 24-48 hours. 48 hours go by and no call. I placed another call to another country and same response "you will get a call in 24-48 hours" I asked to speak to his supervisor and he refused, so I waited (I was completly in tears and in no mood to fight after he said no).......no call back. Finally I called the HP military number and spoke with someone who finally transferred me to a manager. "Let me research this for you"....."this has never happened before"....etc. They were saying it wasn't their fault there was gas spilled on it because they have a 'liquid free environment'. Like I just have gas sitting around my house?! The Fed Ex man never would have taken it from me if it had gasoline on it! HP had signed for it without telling Fed Ex there was anything wrong with the box. (It was probably just one box of many in a shipment) After about 2 weeks of my almost non-stop tears at the meer mention of a computer I finally got the call that they will be replacing my husbands computer. YAH! YAH! YAH! Now I am just waiting for the new computer to be built in China?! It wasn't anything special to begin with, just off the shelf at Best Buy,so why do they have to special make one in China????? So any way I sit and wait....it is like waiting for Santa when your not sure if you've been naughty or nice. You're excited for what your going to get BUT your still a little cautious, afraid you might get coal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I wish I could hug you. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I hope they don't delay in getting you the new computer.
(((HUG)))
awful experience...and over something that seems so straightforward these days!
good luck with the next one...if it doesn't work, take it back to where you bought it and buy another model!
We use skype all the time, especially with the video! It is amazing and I know your family will really enjoy it.
BG
Post a Comment