Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I'm addicted!

I started scrapbooking with a neighbor just to get out of the house and speak to some adults, but now I'm addicted! I just sat down at my kitchen table and scrapbooked by myself because I couldn't get to the neighbors house until this afternoon! I was always to afraid/overwhelmed to start before but it is like a serious weight has been lifted off my back. Looking down at the finished pages I made for my son is such a good feeling! He went to a cavern with his Aunt last month and she just dropped off pictures for him. He was so excited when I asked him if he wanted me to scrapbook them for him! His face lit up and he proceeded to tell me what the title of the page should be and all the specifics of what he wanted! Who would have guessed that an 8 year old boy who doesn't care about anything (so it seems) would have such specific instructions! I also never would have guessed that a few piecces of paper and some glue would make me feel so accomplished!

2 comments:

Ann said...

That's really cool that he was part of it. That will make a really nice gift some day.

Ballerina Girl said...

Hi Tracey
I am into scrapbooking but mine comes and goes...there are days/weeks when that is a total obsession and then there are months when I don't even touch it!
It does make a beautiful gift.... when I moved away from Houston my bff there gave me one and I still look at it and treasure it even now, 6 years later!
Also, I did not take the ducklings foto, it was one of my most emailed fotos on my home page. Cute right?
Thanks for stopping by!
BG